Online dog training
Kind, fair and effective dog training, while having fun with your dog!
DOG TRAINING ONLINE
Currently, we are unable to get out and about as much as we normally would, with our dogs. This may be shorter walks, or it may be that you cannot risk leaving the home at all. It is important that we still occupy our dogs brain during this time, to prevent behaviour problems occurring due to boredom. Of course, it is also a great way to increase your bond, have fun, and maintain your mental wellbeing too.
I am offering two options for online training during this time, either private training sessions, or enrolling onto a pre recorded six week beginners course online.
I am offering 25% off the price of the normal (in-person) training sessions, for those wishing to train online. I am hoping this will help dog owners to continue with their dog's training thought this mentally, emotionally, and financially hard time.
PRIVATE ONLINE TRAINING
The six week courses offer a comprehensive course to give you all of the skills and knowledge to set yourself and your dog up for a happy and fun life together.
Session one - We look at:
- Setting yourself and your dog up to succeed
- Exercise, play, rest, and arousal levels
- Play biting
- Toilet training
- Preventing separation anxiety
- Socialisation, habituation, and confidence building
- Your health and household activities
- Choosing the right equipment
- Nutrition and health
- Practicing calm and reinforcing good choices
- Being aware of not reinforcing "naughty" patterns
- Reinforcement and clicker training (clicker training is optional)
- Positions - sit, down, stand
- Self control around food
- Settle on a mat
Session two - we look at:
- Self control - leaving an item
- Loose lead walking (the foundations)
- Recall games and whistle training
- Checking in
- Release word
- Go to a place
Session three - we look at:
- Greeting behaviour
- Wait - doors/gates/cars
- Self control - food bowl and toys
- Progressing previous skills
Session four - we look at:
- Loose lead walking - the next step
- Processing the world around him/her
- Reinforcing good choices
- Reinforcement type, delivery, and timing
- Previous skills
- Possibly some "puppy parkour" or a trick, depending on the puppy.
Session five - we look at:
- Greeting other dogs and people, and getting permission to do so.
- Scent games
- Puppy Parkour
- Previous skills
Our final session, session six, is concluded by working on:
- Anything that you feel needs extra work
- Ensuring that you are confident with how to progress skills going forward
- APDT Good Companion Puppy Award (if I have seen all of the behaviours performed).
Although there is a plan to each session, sometimes skills are covered in different weeks, as they come up, or we can add or remove things on a case to case basis.
You get a lot more content, personal to you, when training on a one to one basis, compared to when attending a group class situation.
Clients are also given access to a Google drive file with a lot of useful resources and are given a welcome pack with some treats, a toy, and a clicker to get you started.
We are able to work towards the APDT Good Companion Puppy Award, and you get a certificate upon passing.
ALL FOR ONLY £183.75
(a saving of £61.25 or 25% compared to in person training)
Online training sessions are conducted via Zoom, an online video conferencing platform. It is really simple to use and requires no set up at your end. I just email you an access link and off we go.
You are able to email me video's of your progression, or sticking points, before the session, if you are unsure how to share during the Zoom call, along with your wishes for the focus of the session.
You will also be emailed resources required, for further reading or watching, after the session.
The beauty of having session via Zoom is that I can be much more flexible over the time of sessions, as well as it meaning that distance is no problem.
GROUP ONLINE TRAINING
6 WEEK BEGINNERS COURSE
I am excited to announce that I can now offer you a 6-week remote Beginner / Level 1 dog training course, all for the same price as normal group training classes, and you get lots of BONUSES included free of charge.
⭐️ 3 FREE webinars by top professionals in their field
⭐️ Facebook Live session with a qualified and experienced behaviourist and trainer.
⭐️ Exclusive Facebook Community for course members
⭐️ Monthly competitions
⭐️ Discounts off other services and webinars
So, what will you learn?
I have teamed up with some of the best professionals in the industry, to offer you guidance of teaching your dog all of the basic life skills, including:
⭐️ Being able to sit and stay when asked,
⭐️ Settling and chilling when you have visitors or are out and about (eventually!),
⭐️ Coming back to you – even when they see wildlife to chase,
⭐️ Walking nicely on a lead,
⭐️ Having the fastest fetch out,
⭐️ Leaving yummy food – even the goodies the kids have dropped on the floor!
⭐️ Listening to what you say and
⭐️ Having the most amazing tricks to show your friends and family what a clever boy or girl they are, after those weeks of social distancing!
Why not take a look for yourself and start your training today?
This 6 week (pre-recorded) beginners course is £60 +VAT so £72 in total. This is equivalent to only £12 per class.
PAY AS YOU GO ZOOM TRAINING SESSIONS
If you would just like some initial advice, such as covering session one of the puppy course, before attending group classes, or perhaps working on one specific issue, then it is possible to book a stand alone initial training session.
Initial training sessions last for approximately 2 hours and are tailored to your needs. You also get access to online resources as relevant. This is £80.
Should you wish to have any further PAYG sessions then they are available for:
- 1 hour - £35 (3 for £95.50)
- 30 minutes - £20 (3 for £54)
MY CANINE EXPERIENCE
Helen Gerard APDT 01074
- BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour Management (Top Up)
- FdSc Canine Behaviour and Training
- HND Animal Care
- Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
- APDT UK Member 01074 (Since May 2009)
- ABTC Registered Animal Training Instructor
- Pet Professional Guild British Isles, Registered Dog Professional
Professional dog training for over 14 years, behavioural training for over 10 years, and personal dog training for 24 years.
I have worked as Behaviourist within rescue, Assistant Dog Welfare Manager within rescue, as well as working in several other roles such as Canine Carer at the Guide Dog National Breeding Centre and Volunteer Assistance Dog Trainer, for Dog AID, for 7 years.
I have also lectured various animal care subjects at FE level.
© Copyright Helen Gerard - United Wellbeing